Wednesday, April 05, 2006

***
It rained again.....

As i am writing this post, don't know why the sky turned dark and thunderous.
*Bbbbbrrrrrrrr........*

One of my friend had passed away.

He is one of the Singaporeans that was involved in the Bahrain cruise capsize.

It didn't occur to me as i was watching the news, reading the newspaper that he is someone i knew.

Though i am not close to him but i knew him since i was 13 and one of my close friend, Ken is his best friend( sounds complicated?).

Ken broke the news via Msn to me.

I couldn't believe my eyes (reading from the monitor).

What makes my heart ache is when Ken told me: I've lost my one and only best friend.

It makes me realised how fragile life is. How unexpected life could be.

Ken: He's supposed to be back this week, he's supposed to be celebrating his birthday.

Sigh.

I really don't know how to console Ken except to lend him a listening ear and to sms him daily to check that he is at least functioning normally.

Ken sms me this today: tell ya smtg. i nvr believe in being supersitious. bt y.day noon was damn hot. but sky turn black almost instantly when his body rch hm. less than a min when he was carried out. rain pour so heavily n thunder roared so loud that many shook their body in shock. seems wee is tellin us hes v sad or tellin us he has reached hm. n the rain stop aft his coffin was covered.....

I thought of yesterday and indeed it was raining very heavily in the mid afternoon.

From his sms, i can see that he is hurting badly.

Some people will proberly think what is the big fuss. People passed away everyday.

But the difference this time is that this is my friend and he is gone so young, so sudden that many couldn't accept the fact or deal with the loss.

Someone remarked to me when i told him about the incident, " why you care so much, you also not close to him mah".

I feel that this person is so tactless. Must i be close to him to care?

There are people who are close to him that are hurting and this is the least that i can do to help my friend.

After all, though we are not close, Wee is one of the 1st to drop me a message on friendster when he heard that i'm pregnant.

Not many of my "friends" did that.

It started pouring already.

Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also feel sad for your fren when i read your post. During my sec school days there's this guy who died after a fight with gangsters whom they didn't know or provoked. We were not close, only went for a camp together (red cross + NCC combined). Though i dont know him personally, we all cried buckets during chapel when we hear of his death. So i think that fella who made the remark maybe never go thru what we did, so let's just let him be.

Anonymous said...

Heee sorry I've been following your blog cos you featured blythe. You can also visit mine @ www.orangemilky.blogspot.com