Friday, December 03, 2004

***
Pissed.

Sometimes i wonder why are some people so cynical or paranoid.

Saw kate online today. Was actually happy to see her as it been a while since we MSNed.

San-d: Hi Hi! Wats up?
Kate:Hello. Nothing.

Suddenly, i remembered that CJ mentioned to me about Kate MSNing her one night that she is feeling sad. CJ also asked me if Kate is ok, coz before she can reply kate, Kate is offline. CJ even sms her but she never replied.

So out of concern, I asked Kate.

San-d: Huh? But CJ told me you are sad that day.
Kate: (after 1 min) y is everyone so interested in other ppl's downfall?

I couldn't believe my eyes when i saw her reply.

All i did was out of a friend's concern and asked her if she is feeling ok. But she became so defensive and thinks that i am probing in her private life or mocking at her DOWNFALL?? WTF? What downfall? I mean i don't even know what is going on in her life, much less a downfall? All i wanted was to be there for her or to lend her a listening ear if she wants to talk about it. Even if she doesn't wanna tell me, it would be fine with me. But there isn't a need to reply in such a curt manner. Sometimes i wonder is it because that i am happy go lucky and easy going that people can neglect my feelings and take me for granted?

In the end, i couldn't stomach it so i....

San-d: Wah lau, why you say until my concern for you is like i kaypoh like that? Forget what i asked. (pardon the singlish :p)

Then i think it sounds a bit harsh, i added...

San-d: Its ok if you feel uncomfortable telling me, but i ask coz i concern for you, that what friends are for. (pardon the singlish again.)

But after 10 mins when i check the window again, she set her status as BUSY.

Sigh.

Now it is my turn to ask.

"Why do people become so cynical and paranoid of others' good intentions?"

"Don't anyone believe that there are people geniunely concern for them?"

"How do you define Friends?"

Think about it.

No comments: