Wednesday, April 09, 2008

***
Plastic Bite.

Realised that i've chipped a few of my tooth.
My tongue got a few cuts by the chips.

Decided to go and visited a dentist regarding this issue.
Explained to her about the chips and the cuts.
Thought that it would be a cleaning session and maybe a few patches here and there.

Dentist: Hmmm...
Vio: ???
Dentist: Do you know you grind your teeth?
Vio: I don't.
Dentist: Does your hubby tells you that you grind your teeth when u sleep?
Vio: My hubby sleeps like a pig. How will he know?
Dentist: *Grins* Then do you wake up with a clenched jaw feeling?
Vio: No?
Dentist: *can sense that i am not convinced* Come let me show you....


(Note: these are posed photos but this is how the dentist ask me to move my teeth)
Photobucket
Dentist: You see huh, move your jaw to the side...

Photobucket
Dentist: Ok, now close it. Bingo! Matches perfectly! These are the grooves made by you teeth grinding!
Vio: ..... *speechless*

OMG!!! I never knew that! How come no one ever tells me! And i've been married to smellycat for like almost 6 years and he never knew??
I am super convinced that a pig is sleeping next to me!

After much convincing by the dentist not to grind away the rest of my teeth, i've decided to order (have to customise) this teeth splint thingy that i wear before i sleep everynite. Freaking heartpain coz the price of this splint i can buy like maybe 1 and a half blythe doll.

Sigh.

Photobucket
The hideous looking thing thats gonna protect my teeth.

Photobucket
Slot it in.


Photobucket
Ta - duh! Cannot really see!

But anyway, not that i am going to go out with it. Just wear it before i sleep.
Hopefully my teeth grinding habit will be gone before i wear this one off!

Nowadays smellycat sniggers and mumbles "plastic mouth" whenever i crawl into bed.

I maybe plastic mouth. But he is a pig.

Ha!

No comments: