Friday, July 18, 2008

***
I need Prayers.

I dun usually like to post sad things.
As this is like my Happy moments blog.
Everything here is Happy Rainbowy and definintely no thunderstormy clouds.

But then, sometimes these thunderstormy clouds are the ones that take us from one happy moment to the next.

When i recieved the call from MummyHelen, i couldn't believe my ears.

My little cousin Lincoln was involved in a RTA in which he was knocked down by the taxi.

Maybe due to my ambulance experience, i tend to imagine the worse, afterall the cases i attended too are usually quite bad.

I flew down the moment i got the call. Just changed, grabbed my bag and floored the Lapin as fast as i could.

I was praying and talkin to God along the way. Please let him survive. He has yet to live his life to the fullest, let him live, let him live.

When i finally get to see him at the ICU, relief swept over me.

Though he is injured badly, but seeing the condition he is in, i am kinda confident that he will pull it through.

Can you imagine that there are no fractures on his body at all???!!! Praise the Lord!
But the tricky part is there is a skull fracture and there is bleeding at the back of the brain.
The medical personnel monitored and after the 2nd scan, they realised that the bleeding is growing and surgery had to be done.

To cut long story short, in God's Grace, operation is a success, he is recovering and the last time i saw him, he is slowly regaining consciousness though he is in a lot of discomfort and pain.

Thats why i need prayers. Tons of it.

Pray for my little fat uber kawaii cousin, for him to get well, for him to have the courage and strength to face all these.

Pray for my Auntie Chin Choo and Uncle Michael, for them to have the strength to get through this bad moment. They haven't really slept in 2 days and pray for them to have a peace of mind, the calm and serenity that they can at least rest and go through this long and trial-ing period.

Pray for Lincoln's brothers - Jake and Nick, they are taking this very hard as after all, who wouldn't if it is your precious little brother. Pray for strength and understanding ( nobody wish for this to happen, Nick and i certainly dun wish that you are the one taking his place.)
Especially for Nick, he has to go to school everyday despite this. Be strong, Nick.

Photobucket
This is not the kinda thing i would like to see on the newspaper.
sigh.


Photobucket
Happy Moments! :)

Photobucket
Garlic's Precious Little Darling.

Can't wait to see the uber kawaii Fat boy that everyone adores as before.

I think i need to pray for Compassion for me.

Being in the Medical profession so long, i realised that i kinda lost my ability to feel when i encounter incidents like this.

I kinda realise this when DaddyJimmy had a stroke.
It only take me many days later to really break down and cry when i realised that my dadi couldn't pick me up and swing me around like it when i was small anymore.

1st thing i'll do is to decipher it like it is some case that i am taking.
I cannot understand how come everyone is feeling so sad when it seem to me the prognosis is good.

It frustrates me at times.

Why can't everyone see that it is ok?

Or maybe it is not?

Actually i guess it will never be ok.
It'll never be the same as before.
Now its just how we pick up from it, how we overcome it and like that i always believed in :

"Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will be established."
~Proverbs 19:21

So... Let go and Let God? Have Faith?

Think besides Compassion. I need Faith too.

Pray for me.

No comments: