Tuesday, August 12, 2008

***
I love my Dad.

Father's are often neglected.

Usually a mother's love will be quoted as the greatest love of all etc etc.

What makes a Dad's love pales in comparision?

To me, its don't pales. They are just different. The kinda love that a mother and a father gives.
Its so different that you couldn't compare. Both are wonderful in their own ways.

This post from Judy's blog really touched me.

When i 1st read about it i was like thinking just your typical father son bonding session thingy.

Then i watched the video.

From Judy's Other side of the world :

A son asked his father, 'Dad, will you take part in a marathon with me?'

The father who, despite having a heart condition, says 'Yes'.

They went on to complete the marathon together.

Father and son went on to join other marathons, the father always saying 'Yes' to his son's request of going through the race together.

One day, the son asked his father, 'Dad, let's join the Ironman together.'

To which, his father said 'Yes'.

For those who don't know, Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever.

The race encompasses three endurance events of a 2.4 mile (3.86 kilometer) ocean swim, followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer) bike ride, and ending with a 26.2 mile (42.195 kilometer)marathon along the coast of the Big Island.

Father and son went on to complete the race together.





I can do everything through HIM who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13 (NIV)


So..... When the last time you told your Dad, "I love you?"

:)

No comments: