Sunday, September 26, 2004

***

Suicide Mission Completed.

Today i completed my suicide mission.

Fortunately i survived (but with only some 'injuries').

Never in my whole life had i been so determined. I managed to complete the 21km run without giving up and managed to clocked it at 3hrs 10 mins.Though not a deh ner ner (i.e. good)timing but it is my virgin attempt and i'm proud of it.

Reasons why i am proud of it:
1. Never been much of a runner.
2. Left feet injured
3. Didn't thought i have the will power and to be able to complete.

What happened today:

Woke up at 0400(courtesy of Krisy's morning call), reach padang at 0510, run starts @ 0545hrs - super crowded and have to thank krisy who held my hand and lead me all the way to the middle, if not i'll take longer to finish. Its like a massive great singapore sale and everyone rushing to get freebies....

Was running all the way till the 6km mark when i felt a sharp pain at my ankle, thats when i know i'm in trouble. I realised that the morning wind and the crowd really motivates me to run.... but my feet is getting worse. When i reach east coast, i was running and walking and running and walking.

But i felt a bit lonely coz i was running alone as i'm the slowest in the team, but was so happy to see some familiar faces (friends from other units) along the way.

Noticed that there are many funny people running / walking/ jogging along with me.

- The whiners: Whined about everything, the run, the organisers, the distance, their work etc... I try to avoid people like them coz its very irritating and it brings down my morale.... so when i encounter such people, i try to run faster away from them.

- The buayas: These people bascially checking the female runners out. They'll go:" wah, chio bu!" "Wah, see her butt! " etc. Super disgusting.

- The cannot lose out to people kind: When they see their friends running faster then them, they will try all means to overtake their friends.

- The slow and steady kind: They will either walk or jog at a steady pace and go all the way.

- The walk in the park kind: They think this is a leisure stroll and will buy titbits, drinks and gossip all the way to the finishing point.

- The F1 kind: These people start late but try to run fast to catch up with the people in front or to beat their timing or something. You can find them swerving in and outta people like a formula one race.

When i reached beach road area, i felt like i was dying coz its 0800plus( the sun is shining so brightly!!),my feet hurts and the pain radiates to the knee....

I told myself that no way i can give up, i mean how stupid is it to give up at the 18km mark? So i lumbered on and when i finally reached the ending point..... I am so excited and when i looked up to see the time - 03:10:**(can't remember the secs), the pain in my feet and knee miraculously disappeared for the split second. Hee hee hee.

Went over to find encik and the rest of the team, did my stretching, called ser to meet her at funan for her to collect her x box and chilled till encik dismissed us.

Popped over to Funan to meet ser for breakfast at delifrance, collected x box, went over to Raffles city to collect the car then headed home.

After washing up, chilled , took a short nap....R4, ser and me went to compasspoint for Dinner @ Mos Burger.

Now at home, relaxing, resting : my poor aching feet, knee( from ahm) and my aching left butt, back, shoulder ( from DB).

R4 is at his usual X box mode but since he completed his Ninja game... he is now at his Spy mode ( currently playing splinter cell).
He think he is some ex navy seal carrying out some secret mission.

Can die.

Hahahahhahahhahaa.

Push up count: NIL( Ache like fark, how to do....)

No comments: