Friday, April 01, 2005

***
I am 25 going on 16??!!!

I was at the petrol station today and i saw that there is this coffee bean thingy. Thinking of getting a drink, i walked over there and ordered myself an Iced Chocolate.

Barista: *looks at me* Yes?
San-d: One Iced Chocolate with Whipped cream please, thanks.
Barista: The iced chocolate comes with whipped cream.
San-d:*wondering why must she be so specific* Ok thanks.
Barista: What size do you want?
San-d: Can i have a large please?
Barista: *punches order in* That would be $2.60

At this point of time i was very puzzled as the signage puts that the large iced chocolate is $3.30.

San-d: Eh.. sorry?
Barista: Yes? *looks impatient*
San-d: How much is it?
Barista: It's $2.60.

I was like ok since it is $2.60 then i might as well pay right ? *cheapo me alert* Hehehehheh

After i paid her, she told me to come back later as she need to prepare the drink. I went over the store counter to pay for my petrol and popped back to collect my drink.

The Drink Is On The Table. *sniggers* (private joke- Hehehehheheheh :op)

After collecting my drink , i waited for the barista to get my reciept as i was curious why was it $2.60. Maybe she keyed the wrong drink? Hmmmm...

Barista: Yes? (Her 3rd yes?!! So much for quality customer service.)
San-d: Can i have the reciept?
Barista: *starts to look for the reciept....and after 15 secs, shove a piece of paper to me*

Was kinda put off by her attitude. Anyway, she looked like those 18 yr old doing part time kinda girl so tell myself not to be so bothered by her.

When i looked at the reciept, i knew why the drink was so cheap.

This Hack-care barista gave me a 20% discount on my drink.

Great right?

Not when she gave me a student's special discount of 20% off all beverages (somemore need to produce student card).

Apparently, she thought i was one of the school children from the opposite secondary school.

Why?

Coz I was wearing my uniform.

And why i get the discount even though i was wearing my ARMY uniform?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Coz she thought i was from the National Cadet Corps (N.C.C) from the secondary school.

Whahahahahhahah *pengz*

Actually, she made the assumption as there were 2 N.C.C kids that were buying beverages before me and she must've thought i was their friend.

Sigh.

Hello, there are so much difference in our uniforms!!

1st: There is no NCC ampulet on my shoulder.
2nd: There are no school tag sewn on my uniform sleeves.
3rd: 16 year old can pump petrol and drive car mah???

Don't know to be happy or sad, kinda mixed feelings.

Happy coz this proves i look young!! *vain me alert* Heeheeheeheeheehee

Sad coz this is not the 1st time it happens to me in uniform! Why must people assume that i am from the N.C.C? Why can't i be from the SINGAPORE ARMED FORCES???

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Does this look like N.C.C?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Does this look like N.C.C too??

Its kinda frustrating when people don't take you seriously.

AAArrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!!

No comments: